I really hate writing random posts, but there are a few things that I wanted to put out there. I promise to get back to more fun and worth-reading blog posts soon.
1. I've been doing good at working out recently. Over the past couple of years, I literally didn't work out one time. But like I mentioned before, an occurrence recently spurred me to lose weight. Therefore, here's what my last couple of days have looked like:
Sunday/Monday/Tuesday: 1 hour on the treadmill (each day) which burned 300+ calories (each day), and added up to a total of 3+ miles completed (each day)
Wednesday: 20 minutes of walking outside, which added up to a total of 1+ mile completed. Also, I did 20 minutes of Jillian Michael's 30 day shred
Additionally, husband and I ordered p90x3 from our friend Magen. She is a coach through Beach Body and told us the great results that she had from doing the program. (P.S. if you want to order the program too, let me know and I'll give you Megan's link.) It's like the original p90x, but it's a 30 minute version. I am making Ross do it with me. We will see how that goes once the DVD arrives. Hopefully it goes well! The only days that I won't be able to work out in the upcoming weeks is when the doctor tells me to lay low for the egg retrieval and embryo transfer. Speaking of...
2. I still haven't gotten my IVF calendar. I am mildly disappointed because my doctor seemed to think I would receive it within a couple of days, but here we are 8 days later, and still nothing. I've called the nurse to inquire twice, and they just keep telling me to wait because the calendar is still being processed. I know that patience is a virtue and all... but I sure feel like I've been patient enough. However, I guess there's still more patience to be learned.
3. I started reading a devotional through She Reads Truth. I know several of y'all have mentioned this program to me before, but I finally took the plunge. I am going to commit time to God everyday. Because after all, he absolutely deserves it.
4. I can't help but dread the fall semester. I know that it's my last semester in the graduate program, but I can't tell you how UNmotivated that I am to finish it. I could REALLY use the prayers in this area of my life as well. I want to finish the degree - really I do - but I also just want a 'break.' I am going to be so busy in the fall semester. I am DREADING it.
5. I made the best potato skins last night. I used this recipe and would highly recommend it. We paired it with chicken and ended our dinner with happy tummies.
I apologize for not writing more fun posts lately. I am feeling slightly in a rut with blogging for some reason. I have no idea why. I also feel an odd sense of pressure to write. I know that I don't HAVE to write, but for some reason, I feel like I am SUPPOSED to. I didn't even feel like posting a picture in this blog post either - which is like blogging suicide! (ha). But really. AHH. If you could just say a prayer for my sanity that would be great. I am feeling very "off" today.